Even contractual relationships involving traditional intellectual property require special legal insight, such as consideration of antitrust law and various business laws. Our practice focuses on the following intellectual property matters. We are members of the Japan Industrial Property Law Association, the Copyright Law Association of Japan, the Law and Computer Association of Japan, the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, and the Institute of Information Law and Regulation.
- Assistance in developing innovation and IP strategies
- M&A STRATEGY FOR DATA, DD ON HOW WELL DATA IS PROTECTED
- Utilization of intellectual property in accordance with the speed of management
- CONTRACT NEGOTIATION, DISPUTE PREVENTION, AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION FOR VARIOUS LICENSE AGREEMENTS, OEM AGREEMENTS, JOINT R&D AGREEMENTS, AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS
- Contract negotiation, dispute prevention, and dispute resolution related to software license agreements and software development outsourcing agreements
- Legal Responses to Issues Related to Open Source Licenses
- Web 3.0 related IP legal affairs, Generative AI and other LLM legal affairs
- Legal advice on business models utilizing intellectual property
- Legal advice on how to manage information surrounding technical information
- Trade Secret Management and Securing Prior User Rights
- Legal responses to the handling of trademarks for brand business (practices for reducing trademark costs and maintaining trademark distinctiveness by establishing higher and related concepts)
- LEGAL SUPPORT FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OVER CONTENT ON THE WEB
- Intellectual property infringement response and litigation, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Utilize patents after developing a strategy in collaboration with a patent attorney's office
In addition, when providing support, there are situations where complex businesses and technologies are utilized, and legal work must be conducted against the backdrop of strategies that integrate open innovation and IP strategies, depending on the business and technology. We will discuss and support these situations with our clients.